The Elasticsearch Service provides fully managed Elasticsearch instances. Elasticsearch is a distributed RESTful search and analytics engine, that covers a broad range of document and full text search use cases. As the core of the Elastic stack, Elasticsearch enables a broad range of queries to various data types. With the Elasticsearch Service, it is possible to provision instances in multiple sizes and use them with your application. The Elasticsearch instances run on dedicated instances, to ensure isolation and high performance. It's possible to choose cluster plans that ensure resilient operations with minimum downtimes for production scenarios, and single instance.
We do not recommend single instances for use in productive environments.
You can upgrade to larger instances if needed. For more information see Service plans Elasticsearch. Smoke tests, service guards, and automated backups via Backup Manager ensure the secure operation of Elasticsearch as well as the stored data.
- Store, search, index and analysis of different data types with the Elasticsearch engine
- On-Demand provisioning: simple and fast provisioning of new service instances of different sizes
- Service instance isolation: provisioning on dedicated instances (bad neighbourhood protection)
- Easy up scaling with service plan upgrades
- High availability: Clusters ensure resilient operations with minimum downtimes
- Logging and monitoring: transfer of logs and monitoring information to defined endpoints
More details are available in the vendor documentation.