The MariaDB Service provides fully managed instances of the open source relational database management system (DBMS) MariaDB. With the MariaDB Service, it is possible to provision instances in multiple sizes and use them with your application. The MariaDB instances run on dedicated instances, to ensure isolation and high performance. It is possible to choose cluster plans that ensure resilient operations with minimum downtimes for production scenarios, and single instance plans that are not recommended for production workloads. To match raising demands, it is possible to upgrade to larger plans. Smoke tests, service guards and automatic backups using Backup Manager ensure a safe and secure operation of Elasticsearch and the data within.
You can upgrade to larger instances if needed. For more information see Service Plans for MariaDB. Smoke tests, service guards, and automated backups via Backup Manager ensure the secure operation of PostgreSQL as well as the stored data.
- On-Demand provisioning: simple and fast provisioning of new service instances of different sizes
- Service instance isolation: provisioning on dedicated instances (bad neighborhood protection)
- Easy upscaling with service plan upgrades
- High availability: Clusters ensure resilient operations with minimum downtimes
- Logging and monitoring: transfer of logs and monitoring information to defined endpoints
- Backup: automatic creation of backups and self-service restore from the dashboard
More details are available in the vendor documentation.