The STACKIT PostgreSQL Service provides fully managed instances of the object-relational database management system (DBMS) PostgreSQL. With the PostgreSQL Service, it's possible to provision instances in multiple sizes and use them with your application. The PostgreSQL instances run on dedicated virtual machines, to ensure isolation and high performance. You can choose between replica plans that offers resilient operation with a low level of downtime for use in productive environments and single instances.
You can upgrade to larger instances if needed. For more information see Service Plans for PostgreSQL. Smoke tests, service guards, and automated backups via Backup Manager ensure the secure operation of PostgreSQL as well as the stored data.
- On-Demand provisioning: simple and fast provisioning of new service instances of different sizes
- Service instance isolation: provisioning on dedicated instances (bad neighbourhood protection)
- Easy upscaling with service plan upgrades
- High availability: Clusters ensure resilient operations with minimum downtimes
- Logging and monitoring: transfer of logs and monitoring information to defined endpoints
- Backup: automatic creation of backups and self-service restore from the dashboard
More details are available in the vendor documentation.